Difference between Excel formula and Functions
- Formulas: is an expression which calculates the value of a cell. Example – Adding numbers as formula – (A1+A2+A3)
- Function: are predefined formulas and are already available in Excel. Example – Adding numbers using a function – Sum(A1:C40)
Points to be Note for Excel
1. There are approx. 471+ functions in MS Excel 2016, since there are a lot of add ins that are available online and VBA also allows to create user defined functions, there doesn’t seems to be a definite count of total function that are available in excel.
2. If you are working on Excel 2003 – there are 65536 rows and 256 columns.
If you are working on Excel 2007 or any of the latest versions there are
1048576 rows and 16384 columns. Last column in this case is XFD. And last
row is 1048576. So last cell in an excel sheet will be XFD1048576.
3. Check detailed meaning and explanation of each function of excel (Official Microsoft Weblink)
You may also check the following link to know more for Excel: